We have been working on developing, evaluating and extending a suite of simple, fast, accurate pen and finger gesture recognizers, which we call the “$-family”. We are working with Jacob Wobbrock at UW and Radu-Daniel Vatavu at University Stefan Cel Mare of Suceava.
For help in choosing the best member of the $-family for your needs, check out the “cheat sheet” which we include in the $P paper. Also, we provide more detailed information, and C# reference implementations, on our full project websites for $N, $P, and $Q!
Refereed Conference Papers
- Vatavu, R.-D., Anthony, L. and Wobbrock, J.O. 2018. $Q: A super-quick, articulation-invariant stroke-gesture recognizer for low-resource devices. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI ’18). Barcelona, Spain (September 3-6, 2018). New York: ACM Press, to appear. [PDF]
- Vatavu, R., Anthony, L., and Wobbrock, J.O. 2012. Gestures as Point Clouds: A $P Recognizer for User Interface Prototypes. Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI’2012), Santa Monica, CA, p.273-280. [PDF]
- Anthony, L. and Wobbrock, J.O. 2012. $N-Protractor: A Fast and Accurate Multistroke Recognizer. Proceedings of Graphics Interface (GI’2012), Toronto, Canada, p.117-120. [PDF]
- Anthony, L. and Wobbrock, J.O. 2010. A Lightweight Multistroke Recognizer for User Interface Prototypes. Proceedings of Graphics Interface (GI’2010), Ottawa, Canada, 02 Jun 2010, p.245-252. [PDF]
- New survey paper from INIT Lab graduate Alex Shaw, Ph.D.!
- INIT Lab PhD student Alex Shaw defends his dissertation!
- Honorable Mention at MobileHCI for recent INIT Lab co-authored paper!
- Understanding Gestures Project: Implementing the $-family gesture recognizers
- INIT Lab collaboration results in new gesture recognizer to appear at MobileHCI’2018!
- INIT Lab PhD Student Alex Shaw wins Best Student Paper at ICMI 2017!
- Understanding Gestures Project: Paper on human recognition of children’s gestures accepted to ICMI!
- Alex gets a paper accepted to ICMI DC!
- Understanding Gestures Project: Human recognition of children’s gestures
- Understanding Gestures Project: ICMI paper accepted!